Tarifa is home to an educational project that arose from the concerns of families who investigated new visions of education to pursue the search for the integral development of each person. Our goal is to develop the maximum potential of each child, respecting their learning rhythms, offering all the tools to enable not only the acquisition of formal and curricular content, but also creativity, autonomy, decision-making and conflict resolution, incorporating the full emotional dimension into each action, thus allowing for healthy, balanced and holistic growth.
We are seeking a School Director because this project is in a moment of unique opportunity. As a non profit association with sixteen years of experience in kindergarten and primary education, now is our moment to grow into an accredited International School that also offers secondary education in a new facility. This moment of transition and growth is a challenge, as we must reorganize the management of the school while respecting and nurturing its spirit as a family centered educational community. Together we must also create an image and marketing concept to attract new families and find long term economic sustainability. The project is supported by dedicated families and external funding during this transition, but we require a creative individual capable of leading the project from its community roots to a new international profile.
- Leadership: Provide strategic vision and direction for the school, fostering an environment conducive to learning and growth while respecting the family project’s community roots.
- Curriculum Development: Oversee the development and implementation of a dynamic international curriculum, accredited and internationally competitive, but reflecting active pedagogy principles including Waldorf, Montessori and Reggio Emilia.
- Community Engagement: Foster positive relationships with students, parents, staff, and the wider community, ensuring open communication and collaboration.
- Staff Management: Lead, support, and inspire a team of educators, promoting professional development and maintaining a positive work culture.
- Operations Oversight. Manage day-to-day operations, including budgeting, resource allocation, and facility maintenance.
- Communication with the board of directors, teachers, families and the larger community.
- Educational Leadership: Proven experience in a leadership role within an educational institution, preferably at the secondary level with an active pedagogy, such as Waldorf or Montessori.
- Pedagogical Expertise: Strong understanding and implementation of active pedagogy methodologies.
- Knowledge of education administrations, law, and accreditation: Preferably experience with Andalucian educational law and NEASC accreditation systems.
- Communication Skills: Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication abilities in both Spanish and English.
- Collaborative Approach: Ability to work with empathy in democratic processes with everyone from students to public administrations.
- C1 or native in both English and Spanish
- Masters Degree in a related field, (education, active pedagogy, business management, or a specific field of study).
- Qualifications to teach in an accredited International School in Spain.
- Leading an established family oriented alternative school in its transformation into an accredited International School offering a full program from kindergarten through to secondary graduation.
- Managing the strategic development and financial health of the school.
- Taking responsibility for the day to day management and representation of the school with all stakeholders.
- Managing an ongoing accreditation and homologation process.
- Marketing, corporate image and external communication on behalf of the school.
- Team building, and internal communication with families, staff, and students.
What We Offer
- An amazing career opportunity to lead an established project in a family-oriented active school surrounded by nature in one of Spain’s most beautiful areas.
- An engaged and caring educational community who genuinely seeks your experience to guide them through a transformation.
- A competitive salary based on Spanish employment agreements and your experience.
- A loving, respectful and supportive working environment.
- A great place to relocate and enjoy the benefits of living on the Spanish coast with access to all the amazing destinations of Andalucia.
If you are passionate about fostering an engaging educational environment and possess the qualifications and leadership skills to drive our school’s success, we invite you to apply.
Please send your CV and a cover letter which explains your vision of active education to: