EUDEC is a non-profit organisation that promotes democratic education as a sensible educational model for all democratic states.
Its members are individuals, schools and institutions throughout Europe with decades of experience in democratic education.
EUDEC currently represents …
- 97 Member Schools
- 61 school start-up groups
- 3 Member Organizations
- German National Association of Free Alternative Schools (BFAS)
- UK-based Phoenix Education Trust
- Romania-based CEREHARD
- and numerous individual members.
EUDEC pools this knowledge and shares it in the form of:
- online information about democratic education in theory and practice
- conferences, meetings and seminars
- school partnerships and exchanges
- opportunities to visit schools
- a thriving, mutually supportive network of schools, universities, organisations and start-up groups.
- To support all forms of democratic education throughout Europe
- To promote democratic education as a sensible educational model for all democratic states
- To establish, in legislation, the right to found and attend democratic schools and to provide aid and support to democratic schools and start-up groups
- To facilitate exchange of information between democratic schools in Europe and create connections between schools for cooperation and mutual learning
- To provide information and outreach programs for colleges and training institutes to give future teachers a practical understanding of the basics of democratic education and what it can mean for teachers, pupils, educational environments, and democratic states
- The European Democratic Education Community (EUDEC) seeks to promote and support democratic education across Europe. It is working to become the foremost advisory organisation and connective network for European schools and organisations practicing and seeking to develop and promote democracy in education. It will provide support to schools and start-up initiatives, education professionals, parents, pupils and students, and facilitate networking between them.